Sometimes I'll be out hiking and appear around and realize just how things seemed exactly the exact same 100, 200, 300 years back to the social individuals then. Sure, my attire is significantly diffent than their's, but the colors of nature, ...
This image with the title of "Tower Bridge under construction, London 1889" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Colorized History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Tower Bridge under construction, London 1889
- Sometimes I'll be out hiking and look around and realize how things looked exactly the same 100, 200, 300 years ago to the people then. Sure, my attire is different than their's, but the colors of nature, the crispness, the vitality of life in the middle of a forest, it all looks like it did to the person who stood in that same spot 400 years ago.
- I often think about how things must have looked way back. All we have is black and white to reference, but life was in color as it is today. Kind of trippy.
- I don't know why I thought of this but I read a book like 10+ years ago about a kid with a time-travelling baseball card (I may be wrong, mixing different memories, etc. it's been a while). He arrive in the 20s and was astonished everything was in color. I was pretty young and it blew my mind.
- I believe that book is called Babe And Me where he goes back and meets Babe Ruth. It's been over 10 years for me too so I don't remember much
- Jesus Christ, Reddit. That was fast. But yes that's the one if I remember correctly!
- Reddit.... I love you guys
- Was this the second one in a series? I remember reading Honus and Me. Edit: Looks like Babe and Me was the 3rd.
- Honus was a good book, too.
- Was there a Shoeless Joe and Me?
- Appears to be the 4th in the series Read more comments