In this document, it looks without the l, and it makes sense that it could've been misspelled like it might be spelled "Tabart," but my Talbert cousins have always said it. We used to like ...
This image with the title of "My 3rd-great-grandfather's release from Point Lookout Union POW Camp, 1865 [1024 x 576] [OC]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Archive Pics . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about My 3rd-great-grandfather's release from Point Lookout Union POW Camp, 1865 [1024 x 576] [OC]
- In this document, it looks like it might be spelled "Tabart," but my Talbert cousins have always said it without the l, and it makes sense that it could've been misspelled.
- I used to like by the park. Its worth a trip. The camp is still there; however, its a recreation. Its also pretty haunted!
- Oh interesting! I might check it out sometime.
- No, I don't think they weren't part of the original document. I'm no historian, but I imagine it's possible those words in particular were emboldened to emphasize where he placed his allegiance, because he, like other prisoners of point lookout, was a confederate POW? I can't give you an extremely concrete answer though.
- Yeah, I looked at some other similar releases from the same date, and they looked the same. http://athensweknew.com/civil_war.html#!prettyPhoto Read more comments