Reddit today..taking all my remark ideas. But simply imagine seeing them run at you after being told that. I'd most likely hsit myself. And then the mohawks? We know they have helmets on but...damn. Badass. ...
This image with the title of "U.S. Paratroopers, their hair cut Mohawk-style for luck and esprit de corps, are briefed for the next day's jump across the Rhine. Arras, France, March 23, 1945." is one of a large collection of pictures from the category WWII Pics . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about U.S. Paratroopers, their hair cut Mohawk-style for luck and esprit de corps, are briefed for the next day's jump across the Rhine. Arras, France, March 23, 1945.
- Reddit today..taking all my comment ideas. But just imagine seeing them run at you after being told that. I'd probably hsit myself. And then the mohawks? I know they have helmets on but...damn. Badass.
- The Nazis did the same thing, telling the French that paratroopers were drawn from prisons.
- Back when I wrestled in high school most of us got warhawks so we could look like paratroopers; downside is it sucks to be running and training outside in freezing weather with no hair on either side. We may have frozen our ears off, but we looked awesome doing it
- "Colonel Sink came round, saw the haircutting going on, smiled, and said, 'I forgot to tell you, some weeks ago we were officially notified that the Germans are telling French civilians that the Allied invasion forces would be led by American paratroopers, all of them convicted felons and psychopaths, easily recognized by the fact that the shave their heads or nearly so." Stephen Ambrose, Band of Brothers
- This must be the 17th airborne preparing for Operation Varsity .. They show this in Band of Brothers , in the scene where Nixon is demoted. Read more comments