Thank you! Yeah, best wishes OP. With a few for the submissions in this sub, you are able to just tell it looks a bit off. This is seamless, though. Well done. I didn't until I read this comment ...
This image with the title of "Two US Marines look over Iwo Jima from atop Mt. Suribachi, where just two days before, the US flag was famously risen. February 25, 1945." is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Colorized History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Two US Marines look over Iwo Jima from atop Mt. Suribachi, where just two days before, the US flag was famously risen. February 25, 1945.
- Thank you!
- Yeah, great job OP. With some of the submissions in this sub, you can tell it just looks a bit off. This is seamless, though. Well done.
- Until I read this comment I didn't even realise it was a colorisedhistory post! It really is amazing
- One of the later episodes of ken burns the war covers the brutality of this battle in detail. it was brutal even by ww2 standards.
- Oh go fack yourself dude.
- You are honestly a piece of shit.
- No, seriously. That guy is a piece of shit. Denigrating dead war heroes because of #CURRENT YEAR hindsight over propoganda posters. All of a sudden our great grandfathers weren't defending the world against totalitiarianism, they're racially exterminating Japanese people because racism. /u/BlackPrinceof_love , fack you. Shitting on the graves of literally millions of people because you wanted to value signal that you're a warrior for social justice.
- They definitely weren't fighting ww2 to defend the world against totalitarianism... That's very far off. That's what they where told perhaps. Not saying that prince of love isn't a twit though, he is. Also it's not social justice what he's saying lol
- You're not wrong, it's pretty likely that if Japan didn't attack we would have just kept sitting it out for as long as we could. Our nation and government by in large never wanted to get involved but Roosevelt kept helping with trade convoys and escorts for those trade convoys while Congress lost its collective hsit claiming he was encouraging war to come to us. They were right, eventually the Japanese would attack and we had reason to get involved. Hell we never even declared war, we got involved and let Germany and Japan declare war on us so Roosevelt didn't have to convince congress that it was a good idea.
- I mean, my grandparents did meet in a concentration camp. So, you're not that wrong.
- Two US Marines of the 4th Marine Division stand atop Mt. Suribachi, overlooking the remainder of Iwo Jima, part of which is still held by the Japanese. Feb 25, 1945 Photo provided by the Marine Corps University. Photographer - S/Sgt Mark Haufman More by me at my Facebook and Flickr(hi-res) Read more comments