There is the original here if you want my colorizations feel free to test my flickr out or Facebook ! Upvote for a fellow welder! Up-voting for shutting the fack up! Joking--of ...
This image with the title of "Two girls, Jean and Charlotte Potter, sit at the beach with their dog, ca. 1910-1915" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Colorized History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Two girls, Jean and Charlotte Potter, sit at the beach with their dog, ca. 1910-1915
- You can find the original here If you like my colorizations feel free to check out my Flickr or Facebook !
- Upvote for a fellow welder!
- Up-voting for shutting the fack up! Joking--of course. I am not sure how they figure out the colors, but it has probably more to do with contrast and things like that. Blue doesn't show up as brightly as red, black more so, etc. I remember seeing something one of these colorization artists did that was green fabric, and he or she went in to why it was not red, blue, or any other color, and why it was that particular shade of green.
- I know I always make the chairs in the photographs of Mathew Brady's studio green, because I've seen the chair he used. Brady bought a bunch of rejected Congress chairs on an auction once, and basically used them as studio props - there's basically blueprints of these chairs available, as well as reproductions and authentic models today. It's also figured out by the fact that blue and red were washed out heavily by the photography process in the period of around 1850-1910, so green showed up a lot darker and clearer.
- Your work is amazing!
- Thanks for bringing history alive. I really enjoy seeing things like this.
- This is the most magical sub.
- So true! I just got here. Wow.
- Welcome! 😀 haha
- 😀 I can't believe the quality of these images but I learned so much about older cameras in this thread - comment
- Oh hey, thanks. I didn't know that.
- Girl with the dog looks hella stoned
- dat Laudanum
- It's so weird how different we see the past simply because old pictures look "old". These colorized pictures really help to see that life in the past probably wasn't that much different (in general) than it is today (people all did their thing, had their thoughts, lived their live). I wonder if that will change with pictures of today, or if we will still see technological advancements in "capturing moments" that will make todays pictures look just as outdated as black and white pictures today.
- they must've been pretty patient to sit their for five years
- ca. is the abbreviation for the latin word "circa" meaning "about" or "around" and is usually used in things historical when the exact date isn't known. I am sure you (and most people clicking your comment), know this but I am adding this in case there are a few people who don't and are curious.
- Perhaps they were just wasted. Read more comments