Both had been cousins of the Kaiser Wilhem II that is german too. The royal descendants of Queen Victoria (Queen of the from the Wikipedia article on descendants of Queen Victoria and King Christian IX ...
This image with the title of "Tsar Nicholas II of Russia with his physically similar cousin, King George V of the United Kingdom (right), in German military uniforms in Berlin before the war (1913). [2128x3009]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Tsar Nicholas II of Russia with his physically similar cousin, King George V of the United Kingdom (right), in German military uniforms in Berlin before the war (1913). [2128x3009]
- Both were cousins of the German Kaiser Wilhem II too.
- From the Wikipedia article on descendants of Queen Victoria and King Christian IX The royal descendants of Queen Victoria (Queen of the United Kingdom) and of Christian IX (King of Denmark) currently occupy the thrones of Belgium, Denmark, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. At the outbreak of the First World War their grandchildren occupied the thrones of Denmark, Greece, Norway, Germany, Romania, Russia, Spain and the United Kingdom. For this, Queen Victoria was nicknamed "the grandmother of Europe" while Christian IX was nicknamed "Father-in-law of Europe". Of the remaining kingdoms of Europe today, only Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands descends neither from Queen Victoria nor Christian IX. Rest of the page is quite interesting too.
- So weird WW1 was a war between cousins and such.
- I remember my World History teacher telling me that Georgie, Nicky, and Willy would write letters to each other at the start and during the war.
- Read "Nicholas, George, and Wilhelm" by Miranda Carter. Absolutely fascinating. Wilhelm was such a little facker.
- Definitely going to read this. I cannot get enough of this sort of thing. I spent three months reading everything I could on the relationship between Mary, Queen of Scots and Queen Elizabeth. Royal relations thrill me.
- Oh!!! Thank you! I'll give it a read.
- The thing was that they addressed each other as Nicky and Willy through telegrams. This was happening the days before WWI. Kind of their way of putting their armor down as all of the countries were building up their military in a last ditch effort to stop WWI from starting. A rather humanizing moment in events that were bigger than themselves and the empires that would soon fall due to the great war.
- She was also almost killed by a wearwolf but saved by the doctor.
- Who had a deformed hand... http://imgur.com/5gnczja It took lots of scrolling to find Wilhelm II with his left arm/hand visible.
- Hmm, the incest in his family isn't too bad either - just shares a set of great great grandparents. Any reason for the hand? Read more comments