Away from White Star Line offices in London, 16, 1912 april. Six years later at age 22, this newsboy Ned Parfett was killed during a bombardment that is german serving in France, just times prior to the ...
This image with the title of "Titanic sinks on April 15, 1912. Newspaper boy Ned Parfett sells copies of the evening paper bearing news of the disaster. (April 16, 1912)" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Colorized History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Titanic sinks on April 15, 1912. Newspaper boy Ned Parfett sells copies of the evening paper bearing news of the disaster. (April 16, 1912)
- Outside the White Star Line offices in London, April 16, 1912. Six years later at age 22, this newsboy Ned Parfett was killed during a German bombardment whilst serving in France, just days before the end of World War I. Original image
- Roughly similar angle from Street View: http://goo.gl/maps/VF7lk
- Very eerie doing these here and now pictures.
- Now someone needs to overlay the two
- Here you go . It's a bit rough, since the angle isn't quite right, but still cool to juxtapose the two. I'd love to see a KML file devoted to historical photos like this.
- Wow thats cool. I wish there was a sub Reddit for that. I remember a while back in this sub there were a few pictures of american (?) Soldiers and a tank in the streets of maybe Germany ( I can't remember exactly its been a while) but it was awesome to see it colored and overlayed.
- Also there's Historypin.com which is more or less designed for history overlays.
- I didn't realize that the Texas Embassy in London was the White Star Lines Office. TIL
- What is the Texas Embassy? Read more comments