Probably because in the most popular musical it was much larger and fancier. It's still the size today that is same. Seeing it in person wasn't worth the trip. Edit: But seeing the certain area(Montmatre) was. ...
This image with the title of "The Moulin Rouge nightclub at Montmarte, Paris, 1923 [1200x1649]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about The Moulin Rouge nightclub at Montmarte, Paris, 1923 [1200x1649]
- Probably because in the popular musical it was much larger and fancier.
- It is still the same size today. Seeing it in person wasn't worth the trip. Edit: But seeing the area (Montmatre) was. Lovely and special place, just setting expectations on Moulin Rogue.
- Apparently the bouncers give sassy fashion advice. A girl I used to work with went to Paris last year with her dad and boyfriend. She and her boyfriend were walking by the Moulin Rouge one evening. One of the bouncers noticed she was wearing sneakers with her dress and said "Uh uh, girlfriend!" in French and shook his finger at her.
- Sneakers when out on the town is a faux pas though. Only in America can you get away with it. Most nice clubs and restaurants in the US won't allow sneakers either, though.
- Oh shit, that's a faux pas? Lucky me, Applebee's still let's me at the bar.
- Easy there, high roller!
- That's pretty entry-level advice, though. Nothing specific to Paris.
- You don't go to Paris just for Moulin Rouge? Hell, the sacre coeur is literally a minutes walk away!
- So is the Chipotle
- I can get the shits at home.
- Yeah, but in France you get avoir la chiasse. You can tell by the name it is a much fancier shit.
- And if you're fancy fancy, you get la coulante.
- Do these mean diarrhea?
- I should have gone to Chipotle... I got food poisoning in Montmartre...
- Went there instead and it was stunning. Never would have went otherwise, but what a view!
- Right! The walk over the roof to get to the top of the sacre couer was a holiday in itself!
- My biggest regret when I got back from Europe was not buying a nice camera before I went. I decided to save the $500 I had budgeted and used my phone. I was kicking my self all over Paris for taking such shitty pictures. Read more comments