Michael Fassbender is a fan I always thought that he would make an exceptional Lawrence. I suppose this scene was in the relative back of my mind and We never knew. Additionally he appears the same as O'Toole. ...
This image with the title of "T.E. Lawrence, or "Lawrence of Arabia" with camel and Enfield rifle, c. 1917 [772x500]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about T.E. Lawrence, or "Lawrence of Arabia" with camel and Enfield rifle, c. 1917 [772x500]
- Michael Fassbender is a fan
- I always thought that he would make an excellent Lawrence. I guess this scene was in the back of my mind and I never realized. Also he looks just like O'Toole.
- There are a lot of suspicions that he had less than conventional erotic interests. Masochism and what we'd now deem homosaxual tendencies chief among them. E: spelling
- tenancies He was a landlord?
- Shush. It's a secret.
- Absolutely not a historian here! A number of his biographers have suggested that many of his unusual tastes can be tracked back to when he was captured and saxually tortured in Dera'a. There is reasonable backing for the idea that he gave in to the buggery rather than fight, and that he hated himself for it later in life. This is a potential explanation for his self abusive tendencies that manifested as the years went on. That kind of thing would really mess someone up! While some suggest that he exaggerated or even made up the events during that time for the sake of sensationalism, I'd wonder by what measure he would feel any need to exaggerate the story of such an unusual life. Regardless, a majority of the historians who have studied his life have concluded that at most it was a minor exaggeration brought on by PTSD, rather than a complete fabrication, and that the saxual assaults did occur.
- No one knows for sure. The journal pages are ripped out for those dates. I have a background in archaeology and forensic anthropology, and my gut reaction is that there is a realness to his account. Something facked up happened.
- I think the prevailing thought is that he was more asaxual. He did not like personal contact Edit: not
- That would be omnisaxual. Asaxual means either no sax or autonomous sax.
- I don't know why, but the positioning of his feet looks like level 100 awkward White Englishman.
- More like sensible white Englishman - nobody wants sand between their toes... shudder
- I wonder if that's the camel he accidentally shot in the head while riding it, during a riverside battle with Ottoman Turks.
- it happens to the best of us
- Boy if I had a dollar.
- ... I'd have eight dollars!
- Which almost pays for the camels, in a WW1 economy!
- yeah we've all been there Read more comments