It seems like she ended up being a story that is real of. She had to have been one cookie that is tough. Most likely additionally pretty smart and driven, given that good boy environment that is ol. She needed ...
This image with the title of "Saundra Brown, the first black woman on the Oakland police force, gets instructions on how to shoot a shotgun, 1970. [1023 x 1269]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Saundra Brown, the first black woman on the Oakland police force, gets instructions on how to shoot a shotgun, 1970. [1023 x 1269]
- It sounds like she was a real story of success.
- She had to have been one tough cookie. Probably also pretty smart and driven, given that good ol boy environment.
- She had to have been one tough cookie. To fire a 12-gauge shotgun held in that position, with those heels? She's tougher than most guys I know.
- Its definitely a PR photo. Even in the 70s I would struggle to believe a photographer would be allowed in front of the shooter on a hot range.
- How about you aim towards the wall so that the viewers can see the targets in the background?
- In an enclosed room /w no ear protection no less...
- I can't even wear heels.
- Some guys just don't have the legs to pull it off
- I was the first woman in my trade about that time. Christ, I cannot even imagine the hsit she had to put up with. Tough does not even begin to cover it.
- I'm extremely disappointed she lost her fro.... She looks great with it
- Damn she's accomplished so much. What am I doing with my life? Read more comments