Ahhhhhh yes I thought that looked actually familiar. It had been the standing structure that is highest in Stalingrad, so it could be used to direct artillery. The building would be under the soviet and german ...
This image with the title of "Pavlov's House in Stalingrad was supposedly marked as a fortress on German maps [795x516]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Fort . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Pavlov's House in Stalingrad was supposedly marked as a fortress on German maps [795x516]
- Ahhhhhh yes I thought that looked really familiar.
- It was the highest standing structure in Stalingrad, so it could be used to direct artillery. the building would be under the German and Soviet hands every few hours because of its strategic importance
- Wasn't the grain elevator the tallest?
- Yes, it is a capture point in Red Orchestra 2.
- Wikipedia has a good article detailing the history of the building. Among Pavlovs feats were: In September 1942, the house was attacked by German soldiers, and a platoon of the Soviet 13th Guards Rifle Division was ordered to seize and defend it. The platoon was led by Junior Sgt. Yakov Pavlov, a low-level noncommissioned officer serving as acting platoon commander since the unit's lieutenant and senior sergeants had all been wounded or killed. The attack on the building was successful, although the fighting was brutal, with only four men in the 30-man platoon surviving the assault. More at Wikipedia . Read more comments