I've never heard the whole stories about the Sherman tanks before. That's horrifying. There's a very documentary that is good it on youtube... It is thought by me is Battle 360 - D-Day. Things were worst than ...
This image with the title of "Medics from the US 5th and 6th Engineer Special Brigade help wounded soldiers on Omaha beach." is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Colorized History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Medics from the US 5th and 6th Engineer Special Brigade help wounded soldiers on Omaha beach.
- I've never heard the stories about the Sherman tanks before. That's horrifying.
- There's a very good documentary about it on youtube... I think it is Battle 360 - D-Day. Things were worst than you can think.
- It was possible to escape a foundering Sherman DD. There's a memoir by a British tanker called By Tank Into Normandy that describes just this--his experience of D-Day was of him and the rest of the crew bobbing about in their lifeboat until they could be picked up.
- Whenever I learn about the world wars I become extremely grateful to be born when I was.
- Me too.
- Did you do this? I'm fascinated by these colorized photos. Are there people online who do this for others? I have some old family photos I'd love to see colorized. I'm sure an exorbitant amount of work goes into these, do people charge? Sorry for all the questions. I am quite good in Photoshop but when it comes to this stuff, I wouldn't know where to even start. Are there any good tutorials online on how to do this type of work? Thanks again
- Yes, all of the photos on this sub are colorized by us - the mods. This one is mine. And yes, we charge for it. You can find our websites on our flags if you're interested :).
- Oh ok, perfect, thank you. Are you referring to the link directly under your username?
- Yes, exactly!
- The rock coloration... wow. Did you do each individual one?
- No, it's a mix of several different techniques... but I should have worked on each of them individually. 😛
- It looks great regardless, awesome job!
- Thank you very much!
- Would the rocks have been that colorful?
- It can be even more than how I did them... http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/t/colored-pebbles-beach-36547958.jpg
- The guy in the middle looks like Tom Hanks.
- WE'RE LOOKING FOR A PRIVATE RYAN Read more comments