Indubitably Every dude within the picture is pretty outta that is much Dickens. Yeah, I looked again and thought that same after I posted. All those dudes are Straight Outa London, Dickens ...
This image with the title of "Mark Twain visits the Houses of Parliament in London. 2nd of July, 1907" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Colorized History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Mark Twain visits the Houses of Parliament in London. 2nd of July, 1907
- Every dude in the picture is pretty much outta Dickens.
- Yeah, after I posted I looked again and thought that same. All of those dudes are Straight Outa London, Dickens style. But that dude on the left is amazing. I also think I've seen him in one of the original Sherlock Holmes illustrations.
- One of my favourite people, a mind with few equals, but what he said about my home town cut deep. "I would like to live in Manchester, England. The transition between Manchester and death would be unnoticeable." Do one Mark, Manchester is the tits!
- Manchester at that time was an industrial hellhole with horribly exploited workers and dangerous working conditions. Even more so than most cities in the industrial revolution, which is saying something.
- That is a fair fair point which changes my mock outrage to mock outrage.
- If, like me, you're wondering who's who: [Presumably left to right] John Samuel Phene; Sir Edmund William Gosse; (Montague Horatio) Mostyn Turtle Pigott; Mr Walter; Sir John Henniker Heaton, 1st Bt; Mark Twain (Samuel Langhorne Clemens); Sir Hugh McCalmont; Sydney Charles Buxton, Earl Buxton; Unknown man; Thomas Power O'Connor. [Photo taken] by Sir (John) Benjamin Stone. 2 July 1907. More details here. And more Twain photos here.
- TIL Mark Twains real name was Samuel Clemens
- How old are you, son?
- Samuel Clemons will remember this
- I only found out the other day. Give him a break, dad. Read more comments