My grandmother and grandfather both wound up professors that are becoming the Internment. My grandma actually created/founded the Nursing Program of a University that is reputable in! What exactly is sad however, ...
This image with the title of "Mae Yanagi, 7, waits to be bused to the Tanforan Assembly Center in San Bruno for internment, April 1942" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Colorized History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Mae Yanagi, 7, waits to be bused to the Tanforan Assembly Center in San Bruno for internment, April 1942
- My grandmother and grandfather both ended up becoming professors after the Internment. My grandma actually created/founded the Nursing Program of a reputable University in Illinois! What is sad though, are the stories of when they were students after the war. My grandfather's professors were extremely racist towards him (even though he served in WWII), and when my grandmother gave a presentation on the camps, she was called a liar by most of her classmates... it amazes me how much hardship they had to endure in order to get to where they were
- she became a teacher. That is awesome. If someone put me in the internment camp when I was I kid, I'd probably would've put together a brotherhood of my kind to try and take over the world under the guise of self defense and fight for equality.
- BLM is that you ?
- He's referencing magneto...
- Tomi Lahren? Is that you?
- Dressed in her best clothes, Mae Yanagi, 7, waits with her pregnant mother, Kinuye Yanagi (right), to be bused by US authorities to the Tanforan Assembly Center in San Bruno, April 1942. Original image More by me
- Wow. Your stuff is incredible. Some of these pictures look they could've been taken with modern cameras (including the one you posted here). Really brings the past to life. Thanks.
- Wow I honestly had no idea that Tanforan was a sorting center for internment. I grew up about 10 miles from San Bruno and never knew Tanforan was anything other than a mall as sad as that sounds. Crazy to know that awful kind of history happened down the street from my upbringing...
- There's a commemorative plaque in front of the entrance to BJ's now. That's about it. So sad that so many people's imprisonment is worth a little plaque.
- What does bused mean? At first I thought it said abused, now I'm wondering if it's meant to be bussed?
- Bussed and bused are both acceptable. Read more comments