Exactly what a series that is great of. Indeed, a lot is showed by it. Just how did Goebbels learn that the professional photographer ended up being Jewish in such a space that is short of between photographs? I've seen it ...
This image with the title of "Joseph Goebbels scowling at photographer Albert Eisenstaedt after finding out he's jewish, ca. 1935-45" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Colorized History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Joseph Goebbels scowling at photographer Albert Eisenstaedt after finding out he's jewish, ca. 1935-45
- What a great series of photographs.
- Indeed, it shows a lot.
- How did Goebbels learn that the photographer was Jewish in such a short space of time between photographs? I've seen it said that Goebbels isn't actually angry that the guy is Jewish (he was unaware), rather that this photo was candidly taken while the ones of him smiling were staged. Goebbels was annoyed over being caught unaware by some photographer.
- That - I don't know. But in the first photograph, you can see that the courtyard is empty, but in the last one, it's full of people - It might not be as short of a time as one might imagine.
- In the first photograph you also cannot clearly see what's behind him, where as in the final one all the people are standing behind him; outside the field of view of the first photo. edit: spelling
- Definitely, but I can't profess to know the origin of the photographs, or whether or not the courtyard was filled. All I know is what Eisenstaedt said himself. 🙂
- Oh no, no of course not, and neither can I. Just for some reason felt the compulsion to clarify.
- Yes, I assure you it's no trouble at all - I enjoyed this discussion. 🙂 Although I'm headed to bed now, I'll look up the LIFE inscription tomorrow, I'm sure I can google my way towards it.
- That seems more likely, especially seeing how Goebbels was motivated less by racial hate and more by contempt, nationalism and a wish for power, AFAIK.
- Even disregarding the character of Goebbels, the only explanation of the photo comes from Eisenstaedt himself. You couldn't blame a Jewish guy for assuming anti-semitism when he is death-stared by a Nazi, but unless Goebbels made note of that "damn Jewish photographer", it might not be the best assumption to make. Especially when it is equally likely that he is just pissed at what he would see as a precocious shutterbug taking pictues when he wasn't ready (Eisenstaedt was well known for his candid photos).
- Oddly enough, the 'warm smile' picture terrifies me much more than the scowling picture. Almost as if the scowl naturally sits upon him while the smile is forced- his eyes are terrifying in the unnatural smile. Even if I didn't know who he was- I would be afraid of the kind of evil that would make a person like that smile. It wouldn't be puppies and kittens. Read more comments