norussian #nofilter #notsonastynazisnow wokeuplikethis #lovemyjob perhaps not to mention their education of difficulty in colorizing such a photograph that is dark. Or at minimum it might seem ...
This image with the title of "Infantry on a march behind the Moscow peace treaty line. Ruskeala September 22, 1944." is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Colorized History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Infantry on a march behind the Moscow peace treaty line. Ruskeala September 22, 1944.
- norussian #nofilter #notsonastynazisnow
- Not to mention the degree of difficulty in colorizing such a dark photograph. Or at least it would seem like a difficult thing to do. Bravo.
- For real. I just skimmed the title and I thought I was in /r/analog for a second.
- Original Photographer: Lieutenant Kim Borg / Finnish Armed Forces Date taken: September 22, 1944 Digitized by: Finnish Armed Forces More by me at my Facebook and Flickr Infantry on a march behind Moscow peace treaty line. On a high (forested) hill. 4th Brigade II battalion. In Ruskeala September 22, 1944.
- Hey so um I know nothing about colourising photos, nor do I know where to ask this. Is it possible to colourise infrared B&W?
- Hmm, it seems to me like it could be problematic, but it might be possible. The issue is, we rely a lot of the luminosity of the photo to provide color information, and infrared photos lose a ton of that. I've never tried it before, though.
- Fair enough, I figured it'd be a lot harder than normal colourisation. Maybe I'll try it one day. Thank you for your response 🙂
- Don't you mean the Moscow armistice? The Moscow peace treaty ended the Winter War.
- Yes. But Moscow Armistice restored the Moscow Peace Treaty so it's at least partly correct. =)
- You did an unbelievable job with this. I don't really know what else to say - truly magnificent work
- Sometimes you forget that there was beauty in the world at the same time as war. So many grey photos (and not just because of black and white but also from mud, rain, concrete, weaponry) and then there is this. So beautiful.
- Ying and yang
- Like a horrifying camping holiday.
- The photograph was actually taken after the Moscow Armistice, not the Peace Treaty which ended the Winter War. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Armistice Read more comments