He had been also the commander for the 7th panzerdivision that is german the assault of France. The division would fast move so and unpredictable that oftentimes neither the french nor germans knew where they ...
This image with the title of "German WWII Field Marshal Erwin Rommel." is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Colorized History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about German WWII Field Marshal Erwin Rommel.
- He was also the commander of the 7th German Panzerdivision during the assault of France. The division would move so fast and unpredictable that oftentimes neither the french nor germans knew where they were, giving them the nickname Ghostdivision.
- Obligatory Sabaton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FkYxnm70vg
- Rommel was a fackin badass.
- He was a war criminal and an incompetent general.
- he constantly outran his own supply lines to start with, he was notoriously bad at logistics. He was a brilliant tactician, but tactics don't win wars, logistics does. He is worthy of a lot of credit, but people have build him up to be a near-mythical figure.
- His supplies were found to be nearly all taken from enemies. If you can get supplies from everywhere, why wait for the supply train.
- In Africa he said "Fahretse, fahretse, no brauchet sia koin Betriebsstoff" "Keep on driving, then you won't need fuel (supplies)", the implication being that supplies are best captured from the enemy.
- Something about that just feels more badass. Like a motivation for his troops to win and win quickly, or you know, starve.
- Where did you get that quote from? Because it sounds like fantasy-german. Read more comments