You are able to significantly boost the precision of the tool by extending all of it the real way to your enemy. Mosin logic too Well and it becomes a pike whenever you go out of ammo The ...
This image with the title of "Five soldiers, four unidentified, in Union uniforms of the 6th Regiment Massachusetts Volunteer Militia outfitted with Enfield muskets in front of encampment" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Colorized History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Five soldiers, four unidentified, in Union uniforms of the 6th Regiment Massachusetts Volunteer Militia outfitted with Enfield muskets in front of encampment
- You can greatly increase the accuracy of the weapon by extending it all the way to your enemy.
- Mosin logic as well
- Well and it becomes a pike when you run out of ammo
- The 54mm long round didn't hurt either 😉
- Certainly wasn't any easier to lug around with a bayonet on the end, either.
- They're not light either. After a day of lugging one around your arm is frozen stiff. These guys marched on leather plank shoes in thick dark wool carrying tons of stuff lugging a giant heavy rifle. I've done it for a few days as a reenactor, by the end of the weekend you are dying.
- Yeah but you're a soft bread modern day sissy (no offense -we all are). These guys were smoking cigs, killing steer and not respecting women since 9 years old
- How dare you. I'll have you know I'm super duper tough...
- I was able to carry around and shoot a World War I Mosin Nagant once and I found it to be very cumbersome between it's long length and heavy weight. I can only imagine that these muskets were even worse.
- They're not light either. After a day of lugging one around your arm is frozen stiff. I've done it for a few days as a reenactor, by the end of the weekend you are dying. Not to take away from these great men, because they were some hard uss brave mother fackers, who are more patriotic then 90% of our country today.... But Your just being a vagana. A civil war model 1861 musket weighs 9 pounds. A modern M4, with 30 rounds, and common attachments (acog/cco/peq/taclight) weighs 12-13 lbs. Although the weight is closer to your body which helps a little.
- Odd that you would know the exact weight but have no notion of the main differences in how they're held, and how long they're held at a time. Modern military don't march in the same way for the same long distances every single day, and although the modern weapon might be slightly heavier, it can be held horizontally across your chest with both hands rather than either slung over your shoulder or vertically gripped between thumb and index finger. Also *you're. Read more comments