Merry xmas for you too! Great job with the sidewalk. 🙂 Many Thanks! It had beenn't the most difficult, but getting in between your relative lines and fleshing that out took some work. I appreciate you noticing the ...
This image with the title of "Father Christmas wearing a tin helmet walks along Regent Street, London, with a bag full of presents - from Life Magazine, December 23, 1940" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Colorized History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Father Christmas wearing a tin helmet walks along Regent Street, London, with a bag full of presents - from Life Magazine, December 23, 1940
- Merry Christmas to you too! Great job with the sidewalk. 🙂
- Thanks! It wasn't the hardest, but getting in between the lines and fleshing that out took some work. I appreciate you noticing the small details, it's why I spend hours pouring over an image!
- Ha, the sidewalk! Serious tho, details like that, you guys are amazing. Merry Christmas!
- Thank you, the devil's really in the details - and to you, too!
- how do you do it? Software? Guess-work? Experience?
- A lot of things. Looking up the street as it stands today gives a good overview of how it's meant to look, then it's research in to uniforms, the time of day, year, and conditions on the day (If at all possible), and then it's painting it all in as it's meant to be.
- Merry Christmas!
- And to you, too!
- I believe his helmet is called a Brodie Helmet. It was a helmet manufactured by the British during WWI. I'll add a link in a little while when I get back home. Edit: Link Read more comments