Thank you Mads! Gah, she got me again! We love when this sub surprises me personally on the front side page. More from me / Commissions | Original | My Facebook web page Rue Colonel Teyssier within the city ...
This image with the title of "Captain Thomas H. Garahan, 'Easy' Company, 2nd Battalion, 398th Infantry Regiment, 100th Infantry Division, raises the 'Stars and Stripes' flag made secretly by a local French girl. March 16, 1945." is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Colorized History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Captain Thomas H. Garahan, 'Easy' Company, 2nd Battalion, 398th Infantry Regiment, 100th Infantry Division, raises the 'Stars and Stripes' flag made secretly by a local French girl. March 16, 1945.
- Thank you Mads!
- Gah, she got me again! I love when this sub surprises me on the front page.
- More from me / Commissions | Original | My Facebook Page Rue Colonel Teyssier in the town of btiche - " Then and Now " || Captain Thomas H. Garahan, 'Easy' Company, 2nd Battalion, 398th Infantry Regiment, 100th Infantry Division raises the 'Stars and Stripes' flag made secretly by a local French girl. The photo was taken by the owner of the photographic shop in Rue Colonel Teyssier in the town of btiche, in the Moselle department of Lorraine in northeastern France. The 100th ID were later to be known as the "Sons of btiche" after the liberation in March 16 1945. Thomas Garahan was awarded the Bronze and Silver stars and the Purple Heart. He was married, had seven children and died on September 23 1988. Photo source - XV Corps - # 111-SC-202712
- Rue Colonel Teyssier in the town of btiche I met a French guy while travelling, and we got to talking. I explained that his hometown's name means something quite different in English, and he laughed: "You'll love this, then: I come from btiche and I work in Condom !"
- Damn, that's a really crisp flag, I can't believe someone made it themselves. Amazing recolor btw
- Well, as far as we know she got the red and blue wrong. Or do we know that? I don't know how this colorization works. Could her flag possibly have been Green, White, & Purple?
- The flag today.
- woah wait that still exists? Do you have a link?
- You really think American soldiers wouldve hung up a flag with the wrong colors?
- I've got this crazy theory that he was joking
- Is this the same 'Easy' company from Band of Brothers?
- "Easy Company" from Band of Brothers was in the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division.
- Ohhh, cool. Thanks.
- Back then the phonetic alphabet was different. Able instead of Alpha, Baker instead of Bravo, Dog instead of Delta, Easy instead of Echo, and Fox instead of Foxtrot. There are others but these were the main ones you heard in BoB.
- TIL, thanks. In Band of Brothers I just assumed it was EZ company.
- No. That's the 101st Airborne Division.
- I'm amazed she could make something like that in secret. Read more comments