Teddy is an employer. Love that man! He had been such a man that is remarkable. To me one of the most amazing things is that he grew up in a family that is privileged was seriously asthmatic as a young child. Yet he was ...
This image with the title of "Blizzard of 1888 in New York City --- 200 dead in NYC. 200 dead in other locations. Wires broke from weight of ice. (March 11-14 1888) [522 x 768]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Blizzard of 1888 in New York City --- 200 dead in NYC. 200 dead in other locations. Wires broke from weight of ice. (March 11-14 1888) [522 x 768]
- Teddy is a boss. Love that guy!
- He was such a remarkable man. To me one of the most amazing things is that he grew up in a privileged family and was severely asthmatic as a child. Yet he was the opposite of the soft, self-centered type of person we often associate with not having to work for their own wealth.
- Roosevelt is a Dutch name. The Dutch decided way back around 1500 (their Golden Age) that great wealth should not be spent on self-aggrandizement and that the wealthy should give back to the community. Clearly those values were taught to both of our Roosevelt presidents. Also, Teddy's father told him the only way to overcome his asthma was through rigorous exercise. I don't know how effective that was on his asthma, but it got Teddy addicted to exercise and gave him his barrel chest.
- They were related so it makes sense.
- Roosevelt's family originally lived close to where I live in the Netherlands. By the way, our golden age was in the 1600s, not 1500s.
- Oops, sorry about that. I actually suspected 1500 was early when I wrote that - should've Googled it. Did the Roosevelts live in Amsterdam? I noticed Rooseveltlaan there, but I assume that's a nod to FDR's wartime efforts, like Churchill-laan.
- No, they lived in the province of Zeeland, in the very southwest. There are Rooseveltslanen all over the country, though.
- "The Strenuous Life"
- So you're saying Roosevelt was a commie?
- It's the things we do in spite of our limitations that define us
- Don't tell me what I can't do!
- Thanks friend, I appreciate it
- Honestly, I'd think he was kind of a douche if I were that librarian. Like, dude, facking relax. The meeting was not that important.
- Every once in awhile, I learn a new fact about Teddy Roosevelt that makes me wish that we could somehow go back in time and bring him into the modern day. Ya know, to see what he would do.
- He'd probably want to start a war to expand the American empire.
- Probably. But at least he was very upfront about his convictions. There would be no beating around the bush with him and odds are he would try to lead the charge.
- Haha beating around the Bush, starting wars, hehe. Read more comments