Yeah! Boiling water puritizes it so freezing it should accomplish a effect that is symmetricated. This remark is underrated genius My granddad told me we would never understand the pleasure of ...
This image with the title of "Back when there was no air-con... Licking blocks of ice during heat wave in 1912, NYC." is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Colorized History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Back when there was no air-con... Licking blocks of ice during heat wave in 1912, NYC.
- Yeah! Boiling water puritizes it so freezing it should accomplish a symmetricated effect.
- This comment is underrated genius
- My granddad told me I would never know the pleasure of a fresh piece of off the ice truck on a hot summer day.
- Polio was still a thing.
- Everything was still a thing. Hell the Spanish flu epidemic was only 6 years away. Killed 3 percent of the world's population.
- The Spanish flu is still a thing, we just call it swine flu now. An interesting anecdote about the Spanish Flu is that it didn't actually effect Spain any worse than the other European countries. Spain just reported it more while the other countries were hiding it because they were all at war.
- Would the cold have killed any germs, maybe?
- cold only inhibits growth, the only thing that truly kills bacteria is high heat.
- Well that and very small guns
- Guns don't kill bacteria, people...um...wait, that's not right...
- Biology major here! Cold kills most bacteria just fine. Endospores can survive cold, but only a few bacteria, such as Psychrophiles , can take the chill with ease. Most die, just like us, in cold temps. edit: Here is the methodology used to determine death times. Read more comments