Yea that is amazing. It was my wallpaper for a bit - positively gorgeous picture. It appears a complete lot like the painted world of Ariamis from Dark Souls. I hope the devs got the basic idea from ...
This image with the title of "Alca?zar de Segovia - Spain" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Castles . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Alca?zar de Segovia - Spain
- Yea that's amazing.
- This was my wallpaper for a bit - absolutely gorgeous photo.
- It looks a lot like the painted world of Ariamis from Dark Souls. I hope the devs got the idea from this. The game used a lot of irl pieces for Armour. Edit: better Link for those that never played the game.
- Very pretty, but I'd be interested in seeing an unedited version of this picture.
- Looks like the College of Winterhold from Skyrim.
- OMG that's the Friendly Giant castle. All it needs is the cow jumping over the moon.
- I was there a couple weeks ago. Segovia is a really beautiful, and much less touristy than Toledo. You can climb the Tower of John II and get a nice view of the area. The cathedral and the aqueduct are also stunning.
- That should be right up there with Neuschwanstein as the archetypal fairytale castle.
- Fun fact - Neuschwanstein and Segovia are the two main castles that were the inspiration for Cinderella's Castle
- I've been there! They call it the Sleeping Beauty Castle because Disney used it as the model when they made the movie. They allow you to climb to the top (it was 200+ steps up a very narrow spiral staircase) and you can see the entire town of Segovia, mountains, rolling hills filled with olive trees, and and la Iglesia Veracruz, one of the few churches of the Knights Templar.
- You're both correct .
- No the inspiration for sleeping beauty castle was http://www.europeancastlestours.com/tours/bavaria/gallery/Neuschwanstein_HR_800x600.jpg This one is also facking amazing, just not the inspiration for the disney sleeping beauty castle.
- You're both correct: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinderella_Castle#Inspiration_and_design Read more comments