Which has to be certainly one of the most that is"real photos I have actually ever seen. It's so chilling to stare into their eyes, and imagine exactly what their life was up until this point. God...damn. Exactly what a powerful ...
This image with the title of "A wounded, bleeding Red Army boy soldier crawls towards the German lines during the Battle of Kursk, Soviet Union, July 1944." is one of a large collection of pictures from the category WWII Pics . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about A wounded, bleeding Red Army boy soldier crawls towards the German lines during the Battle of Kursk, Soviet Union, July 1944.
- That has to be one of the most "real" photos I have ever seen. It is so chilling to stare into his eyes, and imagine what his life had been up until this point.
- God...damn. What a powerful photo, wonder if the kid made it out of the war alive.
- I don't see star on his cap. Could be from penal military unit, that's why he crawls to Germans (just guess, no judging).
- Don't you think he is a bit young to be in one?
- Nope, after engagements the German soldiers knew when they heard occasional pistol shots it was the NKVD Army punishing those who hadn't advanced far enough. They knew they could expect to see men fleeing toward them. Often they joined the German Army as volunteers. The Bolsheviks were merciless to any form of defeatism. Read more comments