Not just that, i believe that isn't a state trooper but possibly a gasoline place attendant ( right here are some police that is NM to contrast the picture with) EDIT: cap badge appears much like this from an ...
This image with the title of "A motorist stops to get directions from a state trooper in New Mexico, 1939 - [2000x1436]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about A motorist stops to get directions from a state trooper in New Mexico, 1939 - [2000x1436]
- Not only that, I think that's not a state trooper but possibly a gas station attendant ( here are some NM police uniforms to contrast the photo with) EDIT: hat badge looks very similar to this from an oil tanker truck company EDIT2: Looks like this photo was taken by Luis Marden and is not colorized EDIT3: assuming this is accurate, the original National Geographic caption from 1939 echos the OP's title
- And being that the car is in front of a Phillips 66 gas station, this makes complete sense.
- Slow down. There's still the question of the dog. I mean, what kind of dog is that? Is it a wire hair Jack Russell that wasn't colorized?
- Agree. That does not look like any kind of state police.
- Exactly. No badge, no gun no creased trousers.
- Both men have creased pants. Look closely
- mountains in the background *whoops not route 66 but Philips 66 the shadows fall to the right
- Wow! That's awesome! As a lover of the US Parks system, I'm always deeply indebted to the CCC for making many of the trails.
- And lodges cabins fire towers shelters bridges signs....
- And schools, water purification facilities, road ways, parks--it was a great program.
- Yea. of course. But I admittedly take these for granted. I know I shouldn't. But Parks are somehow majestic and hard to take for granted. Especially since I live in a very urban area, at least 8 hours away from a National Park.
- It's nice to see some snapshots of mundane everyday life on this sub rather than photos of historically significant events. Good post.
- Agreed. I get sick of all the war-themed stuff.
- Yes, I wish we could have like a war free week once!
- I declare war on your war free week.
- That's an awesome idea.. I think you just struck gold. Read more comments