Who's driving it? There is certainly really 2 individuals within it. the driver is on its left part. The viewport can be seen by you and there's a machine gunner in there because well. It looks very uncomfortable ...
This image with the title of "A handful of Finnish soldiers hitch a ride on a Universal Carrier in Nuijamaa, Finland, August 7th, 1941." is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Colorized History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about A handful of Finnish soldiers hitch a ride on a Universal Carrier in Nuijamaa, Finland, August 7th, 1941.
- Who is driving it?
- There is actually 2 people inside it. the driver is on its left side. you can see the viewport and there is a machine gunner in there as well.
- It looks very uncomfortable in there. Cramped and very hot.
- You dont drive a tank/armored vehicle for the comfort 😛
- Sure you do! Keeps the rain and wind out! 500% better than walking. Death before dismount.
- And Loud.
- saying inside is relatively misleading, its an open hatch vehicle.
- nope, these are closed hatch http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7336/12541318703_ef12d6d341_o.jpg IIRC there was a German modified one with a anti-tank gun on it that was open hatch
- It looks like you'd get in that thing and peddle it.
- Is that a swastika on the side of it?
- Yes and no. Finland utilized the swastika as their symbol well before Germany, and even then it's different from Germany's in that it's not tilted. The Finns weren't Nazis, the cooperation between them was simply a means to an end. Read more comments