An undeniable fact numerous do not understand is that is mom was United states. Ah this is exactly why Hitler referred to him as a "Half American Drunkard". We ended up being confused until I read your post. Many Thanks. He had beenn't ...
This image with the title of "21-year-old Second Lieutenant Winston Churchill of the 4th Queen's Own Hussars, 1895 [520 x 810]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about 21-year-old Second Lieutenant Winston Churchill of the 4th Queen's Own Hussars, 1895 [520 x 810]
- A fact many don't know is that is mother was American.
- Ah that's why Hitler referred to him as a "Half American Drunkard". I was confused until I read your post. Thanks.
- He wasn't wrong about any of those things, his mistake was thinking that could be an insult.
- Yeah, as a full American drunkard, Hitler recognized Churchill's illustrious heritage.
- Hitler also referred to the English as "a Nation of shopkeepers". And thanks to you, I had never heard that quote. Screw Hitler.
- He was quoting Napoleon I believe in that regard.
- Napoleon said it first. It was meant as an insult but it meant Britain had a btiching economy because of it. Well that and the subjugation of various colonies worldwide. But we don't get taught that part.
- Hitler actually had quite a high opinion of the British, and right up to the start of the war believed that Britain would form an alliance with Germany. The Nazis held the British Empire in extremely high regard, and intended to use it as a model for the Third Reich's imperialist ambitions.
- Agreed. The problem with his high regard was that he thought the two peoples had descended from the same ancestors, and thus were "higher" on the racial scale. Again, screw Hitler.
- Well seeing as how the King had strong pro-nazi feelings it wouldn't have been entirely unreasonable.
- Because he believed the Brits to be a Germanic and therefore by his logic superior people.
- Well the royal family is actually Germanic so there is that. The House of Windsor is actually the house of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, a name change which took place when German Gotha bombers were killing British subjects in WW1.
- He's also the descendant of John Churchill a British hero and a very interesting person, Winstons biography of his life is generally considered the best and his study of John lead to a lot of his stratgic decisions during WW2. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Churchill,_1st_Duke_of_Marlborough
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvaVh6WGPE0&t=1m20s This scene gives me boner every time.
- What is this and why haven't I seen it before.
- The Marlborough house is really fun to go through if one has a chance.
- Half American, All British. Read more comments