Like Faith Connors? We wear a set of Onitsuka Tigers, didn't know there is so history that is much them. Nike actually started as a ongoing company that offered Onitsukas in america, because the ...
This image with the title of "19 year-old Shigeki Tanaka was a survivor of the bombing of Hiroshima and went on to win the 1951 Boston Marathon. The crowd was silent as he crossed the finished line. [648x512]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category History . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about 19 year-old Shigeki Tanaka was a survivor of the bombing of Hiroshima and went on to win the 1951 Boston Marathon. The crowd was silent as he crossed the finished line. [648x512]
- Like Faith Connors?
- I wear a pair of Onitsuka Tigers, didn't know there was so much history behind them.
- Nike actually started as a company that sold Onitsukas in the US, because the founders Phil Knight and Bill Bowerman loved the shoes so much.
- Hipster toe shoes. Winning marathons and outrunning a-bombs.
- On a semi-related topic, but is it just me or do most companies not make wide shoes? It's probably just my feet but I always tend to buy Asics cause they fit right off the bat.
- Do you think that asics are usually wide? Because I have narrow feet and buy asics specifically because they feel more narrow.
- Asics are more narrow. New balance are wider. Nike runs narrow too.
- Nobody's narrower than Puma, I don't know how people actually do anything athletic in those.
- A lot of pumas come in leather (or the heavenly kangaroo leather), so they form to your foot. Also, a lot of soccer players get their cleats a size or so smaller.
- They hide the pain in the name of style.
- Asics has 3 different options for width in all of their shoes. Read more comments